Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk Tutorial Administration Fee

Whistler
Engager

Hi,

Is there anyone who can explain this sentence when trying to checkout the Splunk Tutorial e-learning course: "Under exceptional circumstances we may allow an extension but in all cases we will charge a non-waivable $100 administration fee. Please confirm you understand and agree to this."? The course is listed as "free" but I'm reading that sentence as: "you have to pay $100 to be able to follow courses". Is that a correct interpretation? Or am I doing something wrong? It is course SP-CAAAH9U, can't post links yet :s

Thanks,

With regards,

Reinier

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is the 2nd Course Questions agreement that you agree upon. The first one says:

I understand that access to eLearning courses expires 30 days from the date of registration and access cannot be extended or reset. eLearning courses can only be completed once. (Splunk recommends registering for one eLearning class at a time)

You basically you get this course available for 30 days and you can access it only once in that 30 day period. If for some reason, you couldn't complete that, then under certain condition, you can get extension for this course for that fee. Just make sure you register and complete within 30 days.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

shrankhla1995

how much is the fees to extend the course?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is the 2nd Course Questions agreement that you agree upon. The first one says:

I understand that access to eLearning courses expires 30 days from the date of registration and access cannot be extended or reset. eLearning courses can only be completed once. (Splunk recommends registering for one eLearning class at a time)

You basically you get this course available for 30 days and you can access it only once in that 30 day period. If for some reason, you couldn't complete that, then under certain condition, you can get extension for this course for that fee. Just make sure you register and complete within 30 days.

0 Karma

Whistler
Engager

Ahh ofcourse. I completely interpreted it as 2 seperate questions (they are presented as such too) which weren't related. 2 seperate checkboxes as well, but basically it's the same thing you're agreeing on: 30 day access and a $100 fee for extending. Anyway, thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...