Training + Certification Discussions

Deployment Practical Lab

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi there.

Following the certification path I enrolled into Deployment Lab and I'm a bit confused. The course details on the education portal lists the training on the one hand as 4.5 hours long but on the other hand the description says it's a "24-hour practical lab exercise".

So I'm a bit lost about what it looks like.

And I'm asking because due to a tight schedule I had to get a training in some "alien" timezone for me so I'm starting it at 3PM my local time and was just wondering whether I will have to pull an all-nighter or what 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@PickleRick - I've been there.

• It is actually a 24 hours Lab. That is the maximum allowed time.
  • The instructor will be present for the first few hours.
  • Generally, you will not require more than 4-5 hours. Much less time for you @PickleRick sir

I hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@PickleRick - I've been there.

• It is actually a 24 hours Lab. That is the maximum allowed time.
  • The instructor will be present for the first few hours.
  • Generally, you will not require more than 4-5 hours. Much less time for you @PickleRick sir

I hope this helps!!!

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ahhh. So that's the difference in timings. 🙂

Thanks for the clarification. That means that as I start at 3pm if I manage to finish it in, let's say, 8 hours I still land pretty decently around midnight 😉

Thank you!

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've been there. I started at 9 PM my time. 😉

You can work on the next day morning your time as well if you want. You just need to finish before the next day 3 PM.

The lab itself is pretty short. If I remember correctly it took me around 4 hours.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

March Community Office Hours Security Series Uncovered!

Hello Splunk Community! In March, Splunk Community Office Hours spotlighted our fabulous Splunk Threat ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to April Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars in April. This post ...