Training + Certification Discussions

Account Association is not correct

jcscribner
Engager

Hello,

I recently was made aware that as a veteran, we are able to utilize Splunk's Workforce Training Program SplunkWork+ with VetsInTech to take advantage of the available Splunk training for my current job, however when I try to verify my service with Troop.ID, it states that my Troop ID is already registered to a different Splunk user account.

I don't know who is using my Troop.ID, but it is associated with the same email account as this splunk user account so there's no way I did it. I am hoping someone at Splunk can take a look at this and figure out where the error is. To my knowledge, I only have one Splunk account I have ever used and I did not register with Troop.ID until April of this year.TroopID.PNGSplunk_TroopID.PNG

0 Karma
1 Solution

edu-ops-admin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello Jason,

This is a common error. You should already have Pledge status active by now. 

Please sign in to your education account and check if you see a discount on Fundamentals 2 IOD course: 

https://education.splunk.com/course/splunk-7x-fundamentals-part-2-iod

If you need further support, please email Education_AMER@splunk.com and we will check your account.

View solution in original post

edu-ops-admin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello Jason,

This is a common error. You should already have Pledge status active by now. 

Please sign in to your education account and check if you see a discount on Fundamentals 2 IOD course: 

https://education.splunk.com/course/splunk-7x-fundamentals-part-2-iod

If you need further support, please email Education_AMER@splunk.com and we will check your account.

jcscribner
Engager

Definitely worked! Thanks for the expedient information!

Looking forward to learning more about splunk!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...