Splunk Search

wrong results for case statement with AND

sam1010
Explorer

I used this eval statement with AND conditions but I'm only getting result as "Public" even when the condition satisfies for value "Private" i.e. I'm only getting default result. Any idea of what's wrong with this statement?

| eval perm=case(block_public_acls=true AND block_public_policy=true AND ignore_public_acls=true AND restrict_public_buckets=true,"Private",1=1,"Public")

sam1010_1-1634196686147.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

marilyncugal
Engager

Check the type of the fields. 
e.g.  | eval type_of_field = typeof(block_public_acls)

If it is "String", then you can wrap the right side of the condition with quotation marks.

| eval perm=case(block_public_acls="true" AND block_public_policy="true" AND ignore_public_acls="true" AND restrict_public_buckets="true","Private",1=1,"Public")

View solution in original post

marilyncugal
Engager

Check the type of the fields. 
e.g.  | eval type_of_field = typeof(block_public_acls)

If it is "String", then you can wrap the right side of the condition with quotation marks.

| eval perm=case(block_public_acls="true" AND block_public_policy="true" AND ignore_public_acls="true" AND restrict_public_buckets="true","Private",1=1,"Public")

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sam1010,

use double quotes in all the conditions:

Ciao.

Giuseppe

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried putting "true" in double quotes?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...