Splunk Search

using custom JS rendering scripts

yong_ly
Path Finder

I'm having a bit of a problem with using JS scripts in my dashboard panels. I've been using the Simple XML examples and they work great. For example the table_row_highlighting.js file is great but it only works for one table where as I would like to have it for multiple tables.

I figured I could just copy it into a file nagios_highlight.js and change the table ID and it would work fine but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've placed in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/myapp/appserver/static folder, added the script name to my dashboard xml, added the new id to a different table and restarted the splunk instance but it's not working. Am I putting it in the wrong place or do I need to register the js file somewhere else??

<dashboard script="nagios_highlight.js" stylesheet="application.css">
  <row>
    <table id="nagios_highlight">
      <title>Status Dashboard</title>
      <searchString>sourcetype=nagios_status servicestatus | sort by _time DESC | dedup host_name, service_description | eval last_check=strftime(last_check,"%d/%m/%y %H:%M:%S") | eval event_duration=tostring(now()-last_state_change,"duration") | rename problem_has_been_acknowledged as acknowledged |  table _time, host_name, service_description, plugin_output, current_state, last_check, event_duration, acknowledged</searchString>
      <earliestTime>-10m</earliestTime>
      <latestTime>now</latestTime>
      <option name="wrap">true</option>
      <option name="rowNumbers">false</option>
      <option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option>
      <option name="drilldown">row</option>
      <option name="count">50</option>
    </table>
  </row>

I can't seem to figure this one out. From the page source it seems to load the .js file but the rows don't get highlighted.. any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yong_ly
Path Finder

Just in case anyone was wondering it was my lack of CSS knowledge that was the problem. Once I defined additional selector IDs to match the table IDs it worked fine.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yong_ly
Path Finder

Just in case anyone was wondering it was my lack of CSS knowledge that was the problem. Once I defined additional selector IDs to match the table IDs it worked fine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...