Splunk Search

timepicker and real time

albertohontoria
Path Finder

Hi friends

I am using timepicker to select a time range, and pass it to dbquery command to search the database.

But the timepicker is showing realtime menu, which is not compatible with dbquery. I want to disable it. Splunk 6.0.1

I have tried the documentation
[real_time_menu]
disabled = 1

and also

[real_time_menu]
disabled = true

with no sucess. In this version is there another way to disable it?

I also want to disable Advanced menu in datepicker.

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)

DaveAW
Engager

This can be done using CSS - either within a css file in your app's static folder that is referenced by your dashboard xml, or within dashboard.css to apply across all dashboards.

/* Hide Real-time Options (Splunk 6.4.1) */
.shared-timerangepicker-dialog div.accordion-group:nth-child(3),
.shared-timerangepicker-dialog-presets .presets-group:first-child,
.shared-timerangepicker-dialog-presets .presets-divider-wrap:first-child
{   
    display: none !important; 
}

Rocket66
Communicator

Yes! That's more robust and versatile!

0 Karma

Rocket66
Communicator

The easy way ist to hide that section with CSS 🙂
Each section (Real-time, realtive, datetime, ... ) has a DOM-ID

Hide that ID with an CSS :

[hash]realtime_view6562 {
display: none;
}

the number (6562) behind "realtime_view" is dynamic - it depends on your dashbaord - you have to find it out with DOM-Tools - like "firebug" (Mozilla FF) 🙂

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

is the DOM-ID will always be the same for advanced menu. There are so many dashboards, it will be difficult to do for all dashboards.. is there any generic way of doing it..

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I am too not able to accomplish this in Splunk 6.0.1. I even tried deleting the Realtime entries (all of them) from etc/system/default/times.conf (after creating a backup and restarted splunk).

aelliott
Motivator

This is the only way I found to disable realtime searches. The real_time_menu was not in the documentation that I could see (but did see it in splunk answers)
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.1/Search/Restrictrealtimesearch

I also found someone else who was trying to do this as well:
http://answers.splunk.com/answers/88356/remove-real-time-from-dashboard-panel

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...