Splunk Search

sorting date

srajanbabu
Explorer

I have a query as source="C:\Data\acctdata\snm4-logger.log" "Customer has successfully retrieved file"| rex "::\s(?\S+)\s"| rex "^\S+\s(?\S+)." | rex "\s(?\S+)\s((?\d+)\srecords/(?\d+)\sbytes)$"| stats count sum(record_count) as RecordCount sum(byte_count) as ByteCount by timestamp userid .I want to sort the timestamp in descending order
so that result would be

userid RecordCount ByteCount timestamp

AAMG1FBY 3105 1586745 05/03/13
AAMG1SBY 3129 1597053 04/03/13

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Uh well, sort? http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Sort

source="C:\\Data\\acctdata\\snm4-logger.log" "Customer has successfully retrieved file"| rex "::\s(?<timestamp>\S+)\s"| rex "^\S+\s(?<userid>\S+)\." | rex "\s(?<file_name>\S+)\s\((?<record_count>\d+)\srecords/(?<byte_count>\d+)\sbytes\)$"| stats count  sum(record_count) as RecordCount sum(byte_count) as ByteCount by timestamp userid | sort - timestamp
0 Karma

polymorphic
Communicator

You should be able to do:
| sort -timestamp

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...