Splunk Search

sort fields in a column after grouping

lain179
Communicator

I have stats values(A) by B, C and then I want to sort by values of A within each group. A is a numeric value. How can I accomplish that?

I tried stats values(A) as A by B, C | sort A but that's only sorting the groups, not the values within each group in the stats.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lain179
Communicator

Thanks to somesoni2

base search | stats count by A,B,C | fields - count| sort B,C,num(A) | stats list(A) by B,C

View solution in original post

lain179
Communicator

Thanks to somesoni2

base search | stats count by A,B,C | fields - count| sort B,C,num(A) | stats list(A) by B,C

lain179
Communicator

Awesome!!!! It worked. Thank you.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If you're not worried about the count and just want to list values, give this a try.

your base search | stats count by A,B,C | fields - count| sort B,C,num(A) | stats list(A) by B,C

Since duplicates are already removed by first stats, list and values will return same set of data.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...