Splunk Search

rex error help

ilove275
Path Finder

The regular expression is correct according to RegExr, but i keep on getting this error

Error in 'rex' command: Encountered the following error while compiling the regex 'count(domain)=(?<count(domain)>.*)': Regex: syntax error in subpattern name (missing terminator)

Here is what i have in Splunk Search:

rex field=_raw "count(domain)=(?<count(domain)>.*)"

Thanks guys

Tags (1)
0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

hi
try this search code :

...................................|rex field=_raw "count\(domain\)\=(?<count_domain>[^\,]+)"|table count_domain
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this (run anywhere)

index="AAAA" source="BBBB" | rex field=_raw "count\(domain\)=(?<domain_count>.*)," | rename domain_count as count(domain)

ilove275
Path Finder

Thanks for your help
^^

0 Karma

ilove275
Path Finder

sample log

05/20/2014 00:00:00 +0900, search_name=AAAAA, search_now=1400606400.000, info_min_time=1400511600.000, info_max_time=1400598000.000, info_search_time=1400606401.123, count(domain)=744788, date_wday=tuesday
Thanks

0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi ilove275,

brackets inside the rex field name cause the syntax issue.changing the field name count(domain) to domain_count would help u solving the issue.

rex field=_raw "count\(domain\)=(?<domain_count>.*)"

Thanks.

ilove275
Path Finder

it doesn't come out the File name "domain_count" when I use "Rename" commamd

0 Karma

ilove275
Path Finder

field name's "count(domain)" not "domain_count"

My Splunk Search
index="AAAA" source="BBBB" | rex field=_raw "count(domain)=(?.) date_wday=(?.)" | table date_wday count(domain)

error
Error in 'rex' command: Encountered the following error while compiling the regex 'count(domain)=(?.) date_wday=(?.)': Regex: syntax error in subpattern name (missing terminator)

Thanks rakesh_498115

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

and don't forget to append a " at the end of the regex command

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

can you provide some sample events please?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...