Splunk Search

"[Errno 111] Connection refused" when I restart Splunk on my HF

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello Splunkers,

I am facing some errors every time I relaunch my Splunk service on my HF.
Inside splunkd.log I have this :

error=Splunkd daemon is not responding: ('Error connecting to https://127.0.0.1:8089//services/server/roles: [Errno 111] Connection refused',)

I am sure that spunkd is running on port 8089 and I also checked that my instance's firewall is not blocking this port.

Maybe it's just normal to see those errors at Splunk startup ?
Thanks for your help,

GaetanVP

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

schose
Builder

Hi GaetanVP,

I see the same errormessages in _internal. They are coming from modular input assist::supervisor_modular_input.py and assist::uiassets_modular_input.py .. nothing to worry about.. only seems like a timing issue when stop splunkd the modular inputs are not able to connect at this point in time.

loglevel is shown as INFO. logfiles are  splunk_assist_*.log

best regards,

Andreas

View solution in original post

GaetanVP
Contributor

Ok, thanks for the info!

Regards,
GaetanVP

0 Karma

schose
Builder

Hi GaetanVP,

I see the same errormessages in _internal. They are coming from modular input assist::supervisor_modular_input.py and assist::uiassets_modular_input.py .. nothing to worry about.. only seems like a timing issue when stop splunkd the modular inputs are not able to connect at this point in time.

loglevel is shown as INFO. logfiles are  splunk_assist_*.log

best regards,

Andreas

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...