Splunk Search

how to: count(Values) where status=0

deanilol
Explorer

So I have the columns "Values" and "Status" and I only want to count Values where the status is zero. How can I do this?

here is my search:

source="*\\XML\\Example_Result\\Event_meter.xml" | table EventID EventName Value Status | join type=left EventID [search source="*\\XML\\Example_Result\\Event_map.xml" | where  EventType="Transaction" | table EventID EventName] | where EventID!=-1 | chart count(Value where status!=0) AS PASS, count(Value where status=0) AS FAIL by EventID

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

aweitzman
Motivator

You want to use the following construction:

chart count(eval(status!=0)) as PASS count(eval(status=0)) as FAIL

(Question: Why the join? You already have EventName in the main search.)

View solution in original post

ngatchasandra
Builder

Hi,
Try, if you want to count only the values where status is 0, you can do this:

source="XMLExample_ResultEvent_meter.xml" | table EventID EventName Value Status | join type=left EventID [search source="XMLExample_ResultEvent_map.xml" | where EventType="Transaction" | table EventID EventName] | where EventID!=-1 OR  status==0 |chart count(Value) AS PASS  by EventID
0 Karma

aweitzman
Motivator

You want to use the following construction:

chart count(eval(status!=0)) as PASS count(eval(status=0)) as FAIL

(Question: Why the join? You already have EventName in the main search.)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...