Splunk Search

how do i use the variable name1 in the table command later?

pratyushd

... |rename General.SetupViews as Modes|eval mode=split(Modes," ")|eval name1=mvindex(mode,0) | eval name2=mvindex(mode,1) | eval name3=mvindex(mode,2) | eval name4=mvindex(mode,3) | spath | table SetupDetail.name1.IN2OUT as IN2OUT

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use a field in table by specifying the exact field name or a name pattern.

table name1 name2 name3 name4
Or

table name*

The table command does not have an as option. Use a separate rename.

rename SetupDetail.name1.IN2OUT as IN2OUT | table IN2OUT
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@pratyushd,

table SetupDetail.name1.IN2OUT as IN2OUT doesn't seem to be correct.

|rename General.SetupViews as Modes|eval mode=split(Modes," ")|eval name1=mvindex(mode,0) 
| eval name2=mvindex(mode,1) | eval name3=mvindex(mode,2) | eval name4=mvindex(mode,3) 
| spath | rename SetupDetail.name1.IN2OUT as IN2OUT|table name1,name2,name3,name4,IN2OUT
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

pratyushd

Hi,
the command SetupDetail.name1.IN2OUT itself does not seem to work. It is not able to extract the value of name1 but puts name1 instead the value i.e mvindex(mode,1) in the option SetupDetail.name1.IN2OUT
Thanks for the help 🙂

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have some sample events and search ?

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...