Splunk Search

create lagtime panel with average time between two string value datetime fields

jdepp
Path Finder

I have two datetime fields that I would like to use to calculate average lagtime as each message coming contains these fields. I would like to display some sort of panel showing this in seconds.

pubDate:"2014-04-30 11:27:49"   scrapeDate:"2014-04-30 11:27:53"

any help appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
... | eval pubDate="2014-04-30 11:27:49" | eval scrapeDate="2014-04-30 11:27:53" | eval ipubDate=strptime(pubDate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval iscrapeDate=strptime(scrapeDate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval lagtime=round(iscrapeDate-ipubDate,0) | table pubDate, scrapeDate, lagtime
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

sourcetype="data.newIndex.stats" | eval ipubDate=strptime(pubDate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval iscrapeDate=strptime(scrapeDate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval lagtime=round(iscrapeDate-ipubDate,0) | chart max(lagtime)
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jdepp
Path Finder

I tried the following:
search sourcetype="data.newIndex.stats" | eval ipubDate=strptime(pubDate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval iscrapeDate=strptime(scrapeDate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval lagtime=round(iscrapeDate-ipubDate,0) | table pubDate, scrapeDate, lagtime

I used a dial gauge on my panel but get the following message:
These results may be truncated. This visualization is configured to display a maximum of 1000 results per series, and that limit h

I would like the above query to only return the max result

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...