Splunk Search

changing the existing dashboard reports to show real-time alert

HY
Explorer

How can I show and update the real-time alert whenever I have created the dashboard previously?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mw
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Dashboards are driven by searches. Searches are either historical or real-time. If a chart on your dashboard isn't "automatically refreshed" it's almost certainly because the search wasn't created with a real-time time range. You can go to Manager -> "Searches and reports" and find your search. Simply edit it and change the timeframe from something like "-24h@h to now" (historical time spec) to "rt-5m to rt" (real-time time spec)

0 Karma

HY
Explorer

My problem is that after I have created the panels for my dashboard, my date and time were not indicated correctly as time goes by. I have to refresh manually by myself so that the results will be updated...

0 Karma

HY
Explorer

What I want to know is that how to modify the changes of the real-time information e.g(refreshed:today at 12:04:09 )on the dashboard so that it will automatically refreshed and update the latest results every second. This real-time information is located at the top -right hand corner of a panel.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

can you give more details and/or examples of what you want to do as this is not clear?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...