Splunk Search

Why is rename not working with stats or chart?

prakash007
Builder

I'm not able to rename file names to display in a pie chart...any help would be appreciated...
I tried both ways..

index=web_server sourcetype=web_access  (file="pr.prod" OR file="cr.crt" OR file="src.jsp")  SESSIONID!="-" | dedup  SESSIONID | stats count by file | rename "pr.prod" AS "Products", "cr.crt" AS "Category", "src.jcp"  AS "Search"

index=web_server sourcetype=web_access   SESSIONID!="-" | dedup SESSIONID |  stats count(eval( file="pr.prod")) AS Products, count(eval(file="cr.crt")) AS Category, count(eval(file="srchjsp")) AS search | stats count by file 
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The rename command changes the name of a field, not the values of a field. To change values, use the replace command.

index=web_server sourcetype=web_access  (file="pr.prod" OR file="cr.crt" OR file="src.jsp")  SESSIONID!="-" | dedup  SESSIONID | stats count by file | replace "pr.prod" with "Products" in file | replace "cr.crt" with "Category" in file | replace "src.jcp" with "Search" in file

The second method looks to me like it should work.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The rename command changes the name of a field, not the values of a field. To change values, use the replace command.

index=web_server sourcetype=web_access  (file="pr.prod" OR file="cr.crt" OR file="src.jsp")  SESSIONID!="-" | dedup  SESSIONID | stats count by file | replace "pr.prod" with "Products" in file | replace "cr.crt" with "Category" in file | replace "src.jcp" with "Search" in file

The second method looks to me like it should work.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

prakash007
Builder

Thankyou...It worked,I have also added count at the end of the search to display the count by file in pie chart...

.......... | replace "src.jcp" with "Search" in file| eval  file_slice = count + "-" + file | fields file_slice, count
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...