Splunk Search

Why does my search only return one event?

Ragate
Explorer

I have joined two searches together. My search only returns one event that everything matches up but there are more than just one.
This is my search:

source="C:\\Users\\ragate\\Desktop\\splunk\\LMCustomerRevLicense.csv" | join type=left substr('context.custom.dimensions{}.LicenseKey',4,7) [search source="c:\\users\\ragate\\desktop\\splunk\\jsondump.txt"] | eval LicenseKeyID=substr('context.custom.dimensions{}.LicenseKey',4,7) | where 'LicenseKeyID'='License Key Identifier' |

Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you provide us with a sample jsondump.txt and csv?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Change type=left to type=outer on the join.

0 Karma

Ragate
Explorer

Did not work

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ok can you eval out the substring and use the field name in the join as opposed to the substring?

join type=outer fieldName

As opposed to

join type=outer substring(....

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Like this

source="C:\\Users\\ragate\\Desktop\\splunk\\LMCustomerRevLicense.csv" |eval LicenseKeyID=substr('context.custom.dimensions{}.LicenseKey',4,7)| join type=outer LicenseKeyID [search source="c:\\users\\ragate\\desktop\\splunk\\jsondump.txt]

Removed the where too

0 Karma

Ragate
Explorer

Sorry for the late response but this did not work either.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...