Splunk Search

Why does my search only return one event?

Ragate
Explorer

I have joined two searches together. My search only returns one event that everything matches up but there are more than just one.
This is my search:

source="C:\\Users\\ragate\\Desktop\\splunk\\LMCustomerRevLicense.csv" | join type=left substr('context.custom.dimensions{}.LicenseKey',4,7) [search source="c:\\users\\ragate\\desktop\\splunk\\jsondump.txt"] | eval LicenseKeyID=substr('context.custom.dimensions{}.LicenseKey',4,7) | where 'LicenseKeyID'='License Key Identifier' |

Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you provide us with a sample jsondump.txt and csv?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Change type=left to type=outer on the join.

0 Karma

Ragate
Explorer

Did not work

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ok can you eval out the substring and use the field name in the join as opposed to the substring?

join type=outer fieldName

As opposed to

join type=outer substring(....

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Like this

source="C:\\Users\\ragate\\Desktop\\splunk\\LMCustomerRevLicense.csv" |eval LicenseKeyID=substr('context.custom.dimensions{}.LicenseKey',4,7)| join type=outer LicenseKeyID [search source="c:\\users\\ragate\\desktop\\splunk\\jsondump.txt]

Removed the where too

0 Karma

Ragate
Explorer

Sorry for the late response but this did not work either.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...