Splunk Search

What will happen if shared storage goes crash when search head pooling is enabled?

Takajian
Builder

I am thinking to use search head pooling. But I am not sure what will happen if shared storage goes crash. Can somebody answer to my questions as bellow?

• Can user login the spluk search head?
  • Can scheduled search work properly?
  • Which configuration will work at that time? The configuration under system direcotry of each search head just work?
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Takajian
Builder

I found answer to following questions.

Authentication configuration is stored in local disk in each search head. So, user can login the search head, but most of configurations in share storage is not available, user can not use any App.

No. Because all configuration in shared storage is not available.

• Which configuration will work at that time? The configuration under system direcotry of each search head just work?

User can not use configuration on search head polling. He will need to disable search head pooling if he want to use local configurations.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

You can mitigate your position by implementing a NAS or Clustered Storage architecture with failover.

0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

I found answer to following questions.

Authentication configuration is stored in local disk in each search head. So, user can login the search head, but most of configurations in share storage is not available, user can not use any App.

No. Because all configuration in shared storage is not available.

User can not use configuration on search head polling. He will need to disable search head pooling if he want to use local configurations.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...