Splunk Search

Webtools app how to make get requests

nikhilnsr1998
Explorer

Hello @jkat54 , @richgalloway   

I am new to the add-on and am not able to figure out how to make API calls with this.

Attempting to use the  OpenWeatherMap api below { OpenWeatherMap API - Free Weather Data (for Developers) (rapidapi.com) }

| curl method=GET uri=https://community-open-weather-map.p.rapidapi.com/weather user=<mysplunkusername> pass=<mysplunkpassword> headerfield= {
'x-rapidapi-host': "community-open-weather-map.p.rapidapi.com",
'x-rapidapi-key': "API_key_from_rapid_API"
}
data={"q":"London","lat":"0","lon":"0","callback":"test","id":"2172797","lang":"null","units":"imperial","mode":"json"}

instead of getting the data i am getting below output. {attached screenshot}

can you please tell me what am i doing wrong

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

efavreau
Motivator

@nikhilnsr1998I only have some little info for you. The username and password shouldn't be what you use to log into Splunk. At least it isn't in my environment. I don't supply anything there. When I access that URL you provided in a web browser, I am told I didn't supply an API key. If the API key you have is specific to you, then consider not doing that, because your searches will show up in the audit log. Lastly, I also put the URI in double quotes. YMMV

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma

nikhilnsr1998
Explorer

the issue was with  Openweathermap not providing the data for the requests.

Turns out they have a splunk app  :  TA-openweathermap

another issue i have is using passwords in my queries;

can i have some kind of password vault in splunk where i can securely save the passwords and reference in queries

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...