Splunk Search

Using mvappend within a cidrmatch macro

CarbonCriterium
Path Finder

I already have the following macro  `subnet(3)`  defined as the following:

| eval subnet = case(cidrmatch("$ip1$/24",src_ip), "$output_name$", cidrmatch("$ip2$",src_ip), "$output_name$")

If I call the macro multiple in the same search the value of the field it creates (also called subnet) will be overwritten by the latest values.   I would like to edit the macro so that calling it multiple times appends a new value to subnet.  How could I use mvappend, or another command, to accomplish this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

CarbonCriterium
Path Finder

Never mind.  Figuring it out just required taking a step back and reading the docs again.

| eval subnet = mvappend(case(cidrmatch("$ip1$/24",src_ip), "$output_name$", cidrmatch("$ip2$",src_ip), "$output_name$"),subnet)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

CarbonCriterium
Path Finder

Never mind.  Figuring it out just required taking a step back and reading the docs again.

| eval subnet = mvappend(case(cidrmatch("$ip1$/24",src_ip), "$output_name$", cidrmatch("$ip2$",src_ip), "$output_name$"),subnet)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...