Splunk Search

Using eval to set token in drilldown does not work

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a row in a table called DMPrice

<set token="dmp">$row.DMPrice$</set>

this works, however, if there is no DMPrice value, then the token ends up being shown as null in another html panel.

So I tried this:

<eval token="dmp">if(isnull('$row.DMPrice$',"N/A",'$row.DMPrice$')</eval>

both with and without the '' round the row var, but all I get in the html panel is $dmp$, which is what I have in the panel, i.e. referring to the token, so clearly it's not being set at all. What I wanted it to be was N/A if it's null, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rjthibod
Champion

You have a syntax issue with a missing parenthesis. Try this where you don't use the single quotes and add the closing parenthesis.

<eval token="dmp">if(isnull($row.DMPrice$), &quot;N/A&quot;, $row.DMPrice$)</eval>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rjthibod
Champion

You have a syntax issue with a missing parenthesis. Try this where you don't use the single quotes and add the closing parenthesis.

<eval token="dmp">if(isnull($row.DMPrice$), &quot;N/A&quot;, $row.DMPrice$)</eval>

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry for the late response, only managed to revisit this. That worked nicely thanks. I always miss brackets with eval clauses and can never see them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...