Splunk Search

User agent browser type display issue

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Hi team 

I tried the below spl eval command 

jaibalaraman_0-1620353060498.png

index=aws Website="*"
| stats count(eval(match(User_Agent, "Firefox"))) as "Firefox", count(eval(match(User_Agent, "Chrome"))) as "Chrome", count(eval(match(User_Agent, "Safari"))) as "Safari", count(eval(match(User_Agent, "MSIE"))) as "IE", count(eval(match(User_Agent, "Trident"))) as "Trident", count(eval(NOT match(User_Agent, "Chrome|Firefox|Safari|MSIE|Trident"))) as "Other" | transpose | sort by User_Agent

When i use this to my Splunk script, it gives all data to "Other". Firefox=0, Chrome=0 IE=0,  

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

However, i am trying to get only the  browser count from the spl query

Mozilla - 400 

Chrome - 500 

IE - 899

Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

May I suggest the TA-user-agents app (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1843/) rather than re-inventing the wheel?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Hi 

Sorry for the late responce 

Unfortunately TA - user agent app is not support for Splunk cloud user 

jaibalaraman_1-1621563619414.png

Also , TA Browscap app is also  not supported in Splunk 8.0 version

So could you please on this..

Thanks 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is rather challenging to do in SPL, which explains why the TAs use external commands to parse the URLs.  Perhaps reviewing the TAs will give you ideas on how to accomplish your goal.

---
0 Karma

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Hi 

yes, i tried Regex it working for individual browser like below sample , 

DeviceUser agentRex command 
IphoneMozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1\((?<hardware_type>\w+);\s+[^ ]+\s(?<os_family>\w+\s[^ ]+)\s+(?<os_version>\w+)\s[^ ]+\s[^ ]+\s\w+\s\w.\s(?<browser_engine>\w+)\/(?<brow_engine_version>\w+[^ ]+)\s+\(.+\)\s+(?<browser_version>\w+\/[^ ]+)\s+\w+\/\w+\s(?<browser>\w+)
Ipad Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_4_9 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1\((?<hardware_type>\w+);\s+[^ ]+\s(?<os_family>\w+)\s(?<os_version>\w+)\s[^ ]+\s[^ ]+\s\w+\s\w.\s(?<browser_engine>\w+)\/(?<brow_engine_version>\w+[^ ]+)\s\(.+\)\s+(?<browser_version>\w+\/[^ ]+)\s\w+\/\w+\s(?<browser>\w+)
Window Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36 Edge/87.0.664.66\((?<os_family>\w+)\s+\w+\s+(?<os_version>[^;]+)[^\)]+\)\s(?<browser_egnine>\w+)\/(?<brow_engine_version>\w+[^ ]+)\s\(.+\)\s[^ ]+\s[^ ]+\s(?<browser>\w+)\/(?<browser_version>\w+[^ ]+)
MacintoshMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.2 Safari/605.1.15"\((?<hardware_type>\w+);\s\w+\s+(?<os_family>\w+)\s(?<os_version>\w+\s[^ ]+\s[^ ]+)\s(?<browser_enginer>\w+)\/(?<brow_engine_version>\w+[^ ]+)\s\(.+\)\s(?<browser_version>\w+\/[^ ]+)\s(?<browser>\w+)
Android / Vodoafone\Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10; SM-A217F) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.101 Mobile Safari/537.36\(\w+;\s(?<os_family>\w+)\s(?<os_version>\w+);\s(?<device_brand_model>\w+[^ ]+)\s(?<browser_enginer>\w+)\/(?<brow_engine_version>\w+[^ ]+)\s\(.+\)\s(?<browser>\w+)\/(?<browser_version>\w+[^ ]+)\s(?<hardware_type>\w+)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To properly help you, we'd need to see examples of the User_Agent strings you're trying to match.

Have you gone to regex101.com to confirm your regular expressions work with the data you have?

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...