Splunk Search

Use double eval function for an extracted field

soumyacharya91
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have extracted a field from my raw data using eval replace function. Now I want to use the eval split function on that recently extrated field in props.conf. Please find the below command for details.

[sourcetype]
EVAL-field1 = replace(,"[][\"]","") This extraction is working fine.

Now I want to split the field1 values by using EVAL-field1=split(,",")

But I'm unable to do the second extraction. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Just write it in 1 eval statement:

EVAL-field1 = split(replace(,"[\][\"]",""),",")

PS: what did you have as the first parameter of the replace function? Why did you leave that out of your example? I left it blank in my code above as well, but that should contain a field name I guess?

View solution in original post

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Just write it in 1 eval statement:

EVAL-field1 = split(replace(,"[\][\"]",""),",")

PS: what did you have as the first parameter of the replace function? Why did you leave that out of your example? I left it blank in my code above as well, but that should contain a field name I guess?

soumyacharya91
Path Finder

Yes you are absolutely right. My mistake I missed that entry. I tried this and it is working fine.

Thanks alot 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...