Splunk Search

Use double eval function for an extracted field

soumyacharya91
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have extracted a field from my raw data using eval replace function. Now I want to use the eval split function on that recently extrated field in props.conf. Please find the below command for details.

[sourcetype]
EVAL-field1 = replace(,"[][\"]","") This extraction is working fine.

Now I want to split the field1 values by using EVAL-field1=split(,",")

But I'm unable to do the second extraction. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Just write it in 1 eval statement:

EVAL-field1 = split(replace(,"[\][\"]",""),",")

PS: what did you have as the first parameter of the replace function? Why did you leave that out of your example? I left it blank in my code above as well, but that should contain a field name I guess?

View solution in original post

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Just write it in 1 eval statement:

EVAL-field1 = split(replace(,"[\][\"]",""),",")

PS: what did you have as the first parameter of the replace function? Why did you leave that out of your example? I left it blank in my code above as well, but that should contain a field name I guess?

soumyacharya91
Path Finder

Yes you are absolutely right. My mistake I missed that entry. I tried this and it is working fine.

Thanks alot 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...