Splunk Search

Tranpose Column and Row Headings

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi, I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

I'm trying to compare the apps set up in my four environments i.e DEV, QA, Staging and PROD.

So for each environment I have written the following query which I will then extract into Excel to compare:

| rest /services/apps/local | search disabled=0 | table label, title, eai:acl.perms.read, eai:acl.perms.write, version
|rename label as "App Name", title as "App Folder", eai:acl.perms.read as "Read Access", eai:acl:perms.write as "Write Access", version as "Version"
|sort +"App Name"

The query works fine, but I'm trying to transpose the table so, that the values in column "A" become he column headers, and the column headers become the row titles.

I've tried using "transpose", "chart over", and "xy series", but I just can't seem to get this to work.

I just wondered whether someone could possibly look at this please and offer some guidance on how I may achieve this.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma
1 Solution

javiergn
Super Champion

Hi, have you tried

| transpose header_field="column A"

For instance:

| rest /services/apps/local 
| search disabled=0 
| table label, title, eai:acl.perms.read, eai:acl.perms.write, version
| rename label as "App Name", title as "App Folder", eai:acl.perms.read as "Read Access", eai:acl:perms.write as "Write Access", version as "Version"
| sort +"App Name"
| transpose header_field="App Name"

EDIT (version 2):

| search disabled=0 
| rename label as "App Name", title as "App Folder", eai:acl.perms.read as "Read Access", eai:acl:perms.write as "Write Access", version as "Version"
| sort +"App Name"
| transpose 0 header_field="App Name" include_empty=false

View solution in original post

javiergn
Super Champion

Hi, have you tried

| transpose header_field="column A"

For instance:

| search disabled=0 
| sort +"App Name"
| transpose header_field="App Name"

EDIT (version 2):

| search disabled=0 
| sort +"App Name"

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Neither one of these works for me on v6.2.3.

0 Karma

IRHM73
Motivator

Emm strange, works fine on 6.3.3

Regards

Chris

0 Karma

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi, thank you for coming back to me with this.

Yes I have already tried your suggestion, but the problem I have is that it only creates column headings for the first three values from what would have been the values in column A.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma

IRHM73
Motivator

HI, thank you for coming back to me with this.

Your "version2" works great.

Kind Regards

Chris

0 Karma

javiergn
Super Champion

What about this?

| search disabled=0 
| sort +"App Name"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...