Splunk Search

Timechart comparing values from now and 7 days ago

jawebb
Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to show trends using a single value dashboard to compare a count from now and 7 days ago. It seems when I use a one day span and a time frame of 7 days using the xml value <option name="trendInterval">-7d</option> I still get a comparison that counts between the latest data and the previous day. I tried to use a 7 day span instead but that gives me incorrect counts.

index=example | timechart span=1d dc(OfflineDevices) as Offline

Thanks

alt text

Tags (3)
0 Karma

mbond81
Engager

I'm trying to do a similar thing comparing current day values to yesterdays, as an overlay for visualization. Here's what I found (but you can modify the earliest/latest times and the "new time" to reflect whatever timeframe you wish. (found here http://blogs.splunk.com/2012/02/19/compare-two-time-ranges-in-one-report/)

index=whatever sourcetype=whatever "Packetspersecond" sceInfoId=17 OR sceInfoId=18 earliest=-0d@d latest=now | eval ShaperData="today" | append [search index=nethlth sourcetype="nethlth_SceProcessorData" Packetspersecond sceInfoId=17 OR sceInfoId=18 earliest=-1d@d latest=-0d@d | eval ShaperData="yesterday" | eval new_time=_time+86400] | eval _time=if(isnotnull(new_time),new_time,_time) | timechart median(packetsPerSecond) span=15m by ShaperData

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Timewrap will be your friend. The app is here, and in its documentation page it has quite a few tips and tricks and how to use it. Try a few of the examples, see if you can modify one to your needs, and if not, please post back and we'll be sure to help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...