Splunk Search

TimeChart from 2 datasource.

SplunkBaby
Explorer

Hi
I have 2 data source say DS1 and DS2.
There is a common field called EMPID for this two data source.
I want to generate a report based on below conditions.
Want to get the time chart with average for all EMPID’s on Y axis and _time on X axis.
average in my case is calculated based on below conditions.
Average=sum(field1) from DS1( dataource1)/sum(field2)from DS2(dataource2).
I tried and generated up to below. But I don’t know how to get the desired result from this,
Can anybody help me pls.

host= DS1 |join EMPID [search host= DS2| eval " EMPID "=employer_id]| stats sum(field1) as TotalVisit, count(field2) as Count |eval Average=TotalVisit/Count| table field TotalVisit,Count,Average

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

At the moment your search does not really deal with the _time element. And it also has a join, which seems a bit unecessary.

Have you considered making a timechart without the join?

your search for events | timechart span=1h sum(field1) as sum_1 sum(field_2) as sum_2 | eval ratio = sum_1/sum_2 | fields + ratio, _time

Then select the "visualization" tab in the search results.

/K

SplunkBaby
Explorer

The purpose of join is to get the group of employee id's.
Ex:
for consider empid=10 present in both data source.
In DS1 sum(field1) will be 20 and in DS2 sum(field2) is 10.
I want to get the average for empid 10.
Likewise I want to get the result for all employee Ids present in both DataSourcec in a single search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...