Splunk Search

Time range in rest query- Unable to get it down to last hour?

Ra1n

Hi, 

ive got the below query that im using to try and see when correlation searches have been edited:

| rest splunk_server=local count=0 /servicesNS/-/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/saved/searches
| where match('action.correlationsearch.enabled', "1|[Tt]|[Tt][Rr][Uu][Ee]")
| where disabled=0
| eval actions=split(actions, ",")
| rename "eai:acl.owner" as "Created By"
| rename author as "Updated By"
| rename updated as "Update time"
| fields title, search, description, "Update time", "Updated By", "Created By"

The issue that I'm having here is that no matter what i try, I am unable to narrow this down to the last hour for example and it always returns the last couple of months.

Any help on this would be great!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

schose
Builder

Hi Ra1n,

the | rest command gives you the state of an endpoint - in this case savedsearches. Dit does not - what you might expect - gives you a history. That's why timebases searches are not working by default. 

if you want an audit on your correlation searches, i would suggest implement a cicd workflow and have the app and/or savedsearches.conf file version controled... particularly if dealing in security environments. 

best regards,

Andreas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...