Splunk Search

Ticket IDs older than 30+ days

tjryberg

Howdy Folks,
Going through the support forums, I've tried numerous ways to come up with a way to search for Open ticket IDs, older than X (30, 60, 90, etc.) days. While playing around with my query, I either get all the tickets returned, or none of them.
I'm basing the "day" mark from the time the ticket was submitted (submit_dttm).

index=[index name] source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | dedup request_id | search assignee_support_group_name="USA.NSS.X2AIX" assignee="*" status_desc="In Progress" OR status_desc="Assigned" | eval submitdate=strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y") |where now()<relative_time(submidate, "+30d") | table assignee submitdate request_id

My expectation of the above, is a table with the person's name, the date the ticket was submitted, and the ticket #

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

UPDATED TO FIX TYPO

index=[index name] source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | dedup request_id | search assignee_support_group_name="USA.NSS.X2AIX" assignee="*" status_desc="In Progress" OR status_desc="Assigned" | eval submitdate=strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y") |where submitdate<relative_time(now(), "-30d") | table assignee submitdate request_id
0 Karma

tjryberg

So I'm trying this a different way. This search gets results:

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS"  | dedup request_id  | search assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2aix*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2linux*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2sun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2Windows" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dsaix" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dslinux" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dssun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dswin" status_desc=Open OR status_desc=Assigned summary="*Decommission*" | chart count as Open-Decoms by assignee_support_group_name

When I add latest=-30d, nothing returns.
I've manually looked and verified that we have tickets out there, older than 30 days.
Any idea why I'm getting nothing back?

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

latest=-30d will apply on the _time field. Do you have data with _time earlier than 30d?

See if this works...index=_internal latest=-30d | head 1

0 Karma

tjryberg
..... summary="*Decommission*" index=_internal latest=-30d | head 1 | chart count as Open-Decoms by assignee_support_group_name

Doesn't return anything

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

The sample query I gave was to run by itself. Or you could try this to see if it returns any results

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=-30d

Run this by itself to see if it returns data. If it doesn't, it means you have no events with _time earlier than 30d. In that case, you could do something like this

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=[search index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | eval search=(strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y")-(86400*30)) | fields search] 
0 Karma

tjryberg

I did run index=_internal latest=-30d | head 1 by itself. I should've mentioned that.

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=-30d Returned 300,000+ events, so yes... stuff is there 🙂

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" latest=[search index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" | eval search=(strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y")-(86400*30)) | fields search] 

This returned the error:

Error in 'search' command: Unable to parse the search: Comparator '=' has an invalid term on the right hand side.

I tried playing around with it, but the error persists.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Yeah progress 🙂 does this return any data?

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" (arch assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2aix*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2linux*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2sun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2Windows" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dsaix" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dslinux" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dssun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dswin") AND (status_desc=Open OR status_desc=Assigned) AND (summary="*Decommission*") | dedup request_id

If this doesn't try one criteria at a time to see which one breaks it

0 Karma

tjryberg

The above returned no results. Removed "arch" and got back 584.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

arch was a typo. Shouldn't be there. Is 584 right number? If yes, you can add the final chart command

index=gioanalytics_na source="dbmon-tail://MetricsITSR/ITSRC_METRICS" (assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2aix*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2linux*" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2sun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.nss.x2Windows" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dsaix" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dslinux" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dssun" OR assignee_support_group_name="usa.dis.dswin") AND (status_desc=Open OR status_desc=Assigned) AND (summary="*Decommission*") 
| dedup request_id
| stats count as Open-Decoms by assignee_support_group_name
0 Karma

tjryberg

No luck. Still zero results returned.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

I had misspelled submitdate, did you catch that? If not, try the updated version.

0 Karma

tjryberg

Yup, I did catch that 🙂
No Luck

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

And the format for submitdate is correct? If it is, the eval should return earlier than (-30d) data

... | eval submitdate=strptime(submit_dttm,"%m/%d/%y") | where submitdate<relative_time(now(), "-30d") | ...
0 Karma

tjryberg

I played with some things, over the weekend. Still no luck.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Can you share some raw events?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...