Splunk Search

Textarea input to feed a search

bgriffis
Explorer

I have firewall logs that feed into splunk and I'd like to have a textarea form input where I can paste in a handful of IP addresses (one per line) and have those feed a search like:
index=fw |where <any textareaIP == src_ip OR any textareaIP == dest_ip>

Seems like it would be a join, but I'm not sure how to get the multiple inputs into a search (not if a textarea is possible at all)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi bgriffis,

Take a look at the dashboard example app https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1265/ there you can find multiple Form Input Elements. Most likely it will be a multi-select input and for sure no need to join the search. You can define prefixes and suffixes for you input element, so you are able to build something like myinput=foo OR myinput=boo.

Hope that helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...