Splunk Search

Splunk is not able to idetnify transforms.conf lookup configuration

surejsajeev
Explorer

Hi,

I have a csv file uploaded in the location /opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/lookups/. My transforms file is in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/local with configuration as

[error_codes]

filename=error_codes.csv

I am trying to run a search query using this lookup command to map the error code from the event to the error codes in the csv file. But Splunk keeps saying "Error in 'lookup' command: Could not construct lookup "

This is my search query 

base_search | lookup error_codes error_code_spl OUTPUT error_code_desc, error_code_sol

I even tried to make the lookup file and transforms global by moving it to /opt/splunk/etc/system/lookups and /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/transforms.conf, but nothing works. 

Am I missing something here?. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @surejsajeev,

Check the permissions of the CSV file - error_codes.csv and lookup definition - error_codes. Are they shared with the search app?
To check/change permissions for CSV file got to Settings >> Lookup >> Lookup table files.

To check/change permissions for the lookup definitions permissions got to Settings >> Lookup>> Lookup definitions.

If this reply helps you, a like would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...