Splunk Search

Splunk and Dynatrace

paul_1994
Path Finder

I have this interesting xml data from dynatrace that I am trying to do field extraction on and I am not sure where to start. Has anyone had any experience importing dynatrace data into splunk and how.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

desoto-chan
Explorer

yes, we do extract/transfer data in between the two systems. we use third-party tools for this. it makes our lives less complicated and less messy. i know trayio has a connector for that. but we use zigiops. works in both directions. clients are happy with the final result and more specifically - with less time spent on establishing the connection.

0 Karma

mlmasterson

Hi Paul - We're actively working on Splunk and dynaTrace integration. If you'd like to be part of our early access program, please send me a note at michael(dot)masterson(at)compuware(dot)com

0 Karma

mprreddy51
Explorer

@dart [Splunk]

Hi dart,

Can you guide me the step by step process to integrate dynatrace with splunk.I am trying to integrate DYNATRACE APPLICATION PERFORMANCE APP but not clear where to install and all in documents.

0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The spath command can parse xml into fields for you.

0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can set the sourcetype to have a KV_MODE of xml in the props.conf:

[dynatrace]
KV_MODE=xml
0 Karma

paul_1994
Path Finder

Thanks for the suggestion I will try it out. But what about an easy way to do field extraction through props and transform

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...