Splunk Search

Splunk Query provided wrong results

Gowtham0809

Hello,

Splunk query provided in correct responses. I have A query which filters the data on a specific day and provided the results. Here we index the CSV data every day by using CRCSALT= as we need the whole data set to be reindex even if there is no change in data set.

in the Query I have used a Eval command to print a value CAP-M1 , M2, M3 etc for each query outcome as a unique identifier. but by query provided corrects unique values while executing. for Example I have a Query A with unique value CAP-M1 and Query B suppose to print unique value as CAP-M2 but in the query B it keeps providing Value M1 instead of M2.

in the screen shot it suppose to print M4 for all days but its printing various values

Similarly for other searched also. Is this due to some cache memory issue in splunk?

Thanks

alt text

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
|eval Metric_ID="CAP-M4"
|eval ProjectCluster_Name="VRTE Platform"
|join type=inner DNGProjectAreaID max=0 [search index="usa_201920_test" |eval Date=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|dedup Date ]

This join will update Metric_ID.
By the way, there are many join.

0 Karma

Gowtham0809

Thanks for your input,but the same join prints the Value CAP-M1 instead of CAP-M4, irrespective of what eval values been provided, result is CAP-M1, I guess something in spunk memory which is printing CAP-M1 by default in all queries.

Weirdly even without Eval command query results prints CAP-M1.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
index="usa_201920_test" source=`Source_DNG_ProjectArea`
OR (source=`Source_DNG_RequirementModules` ModuleType="*" )
OR source=`Source_Sys_Validation`
OR source=`Source_RQM_Testcase` 
OR source=`Source_RQM_TestExecution`
OR (source=`Source_RQM_TestcaseResults` Verdict="" OR Verdict!="passed")
OR (source=`Source_DNG_SystemRequirements` SysReqType="System Requirement" )

To be honest, I think it would be faster and more appropriate to focus on source from this results.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

No, your search results are exactly as you searched

0 Karma

Gowtham0809

There is no eval command for CAP-M1 or M11 or M7 is defined in the query, It was only M4 defined in the Query. I also get this error "Could not find object id=CAP-M4 " sometimes

The results should me CAp-M4 for all 4 rows.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Maybe your huge query is work.
but SPL is simple.
so, I say again. your search results are exactly as you searched

If you don't provide the query, nobody resolve your issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...