Splunk Search

Setting up earliest and latest time with relative date and fixed time

AruBhende
Explorer

I am trying to define a query where I have to use the earliest time as 2 days ago at 22:20:45 and latest time 1 day ago at 22:20:45

I tried different formats below

earliest=-2d@:22h:20m:45s

latest=-1d@d+20h+30m+45s

But - I am not sure if these are correct and also how can I check if this translates to the date and time I am trying to set.

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've used similar formats before - only with a single add-on (-1@d+8h, for example) - but I think it should work.

Fix the earliest to -2d@d+22h+20m+45s 

To verify you're getting the right start and end times, add the addinfo command to your query and display the info_min_time and info_max_time fields.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've used similar formats before - only with a single add-on (-1@d+8h, for example) - but I think it should work.

Fix the earliest to -2d@d+22h+20m+45s 

To verify you're getting the right start and end times, add the addinfo command to your query and display the info_min_time and info_max_time fields.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...