Splunk Search

Set earliest and latest using a variable depending on the current day

sweetlile
Explorer

Hey,
I want to display the results on a table. it works depending on the timeRange picker when I want it to display results depending on my eval function!!
This is my search:

source="##" RC="*"  SN="*" [search source="##" | head 1 | eval earliest=if(date_wday="monday", "-3d@d-4h", "-1d@d-4h") | eval latest=if(date_wday="monday", "@d-4h", "@d-4h") | table earliest, latest | format "" "" "" "" "" ""] | chart count by  RC, SN

It doesn't work when It's Monday, I want the search from Friday at 8AM until Monday at 8AM and If it's another day, I want the search results to be from the -d at 8AM until the current day at 8AM.
Can you help me, Please?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this. This will change the earliest and latest (time range) based on today.

source="##" RC="*"  SN="*" [| gentimes start=-1 | eval earliest=if(lower(strftime(now(),"%A"))="monday", "-3d@d-4h", "-1d@d-4h") | eval latest="@d-4h" | table earliest, latest | format "" "" "" "" "" ""] | chart count by  RC, SN
0 Karma

sweetlile
Explorer

Sorry it doen't work I don't know why,
this is what I used as a solution:

source="##" RC="*"  SN="*" [search source="##" | head 1 | eval date_wday = strftime(_time, "%A") |eval earliest=if(date_wday="Monday", "-3d@d+8h", "-1d@d+8h") | eval latest=if(date_wday="Monday", "@d+8h", "@d+8h") | table earliest, latest | format "" "" "" "" "" ""] | chart count over RC by SN
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I can see you've changed the earliest and latest calculation, from the one mentioned in the question. Give this a try now..

source="##" RC="*"  SN="*" [| gentimes start=-1 | eval earliest=if(lower(strftime(now(),"%A"))="monday", "-3d@d+8h", "-1d@d+8h") | eval latest=if(lower(strftime(now(),"%A"))="monday",  "@d+8h", "@d+8h")   | table earliest, latest | format "" "" "" "" "" ""] | chart count by  RC, SN
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...