Splunk Search

Search process did not exit cleanly, exit_code=255, description="exited with code 255". Please look in search.log

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi,

I am getting the following error on my search head whenever i run query in a newly created app.

• Search results might be incomplete: the search process on the peer:indexer1 ended prematurely. Check the peer log, such as $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log and as well as the search.log for the particular search.
  • [Indexer 1] Search process did not exit cleanly, exit_code=255, description="exited with code 255". Please look in search.log for this peer in the Job Inspector for more info.

In the search.log this is the error"

12-15-2021 05:42:06.881 ERROR dispatchRunner - RunDispatch::runDispatchThread threw error: Application does not exist: 

"

The above error is present for on all four of our indexers.

What is the cause for this? How do we fix this error?

Thank You!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you install the new app on the indexers?  If not, try it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...