Splunk Search

Search Schedule Window option not there

dkoops
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have a 6.3.0 enterprise clustered installation with several alerts running with 5min intervals. Most of the time this works fine but now and then they miss a run due to concurrent search restrictions. I'm aware setting a search window can help with this, but it seems that option is gone (or has never been there for this specific cluster). It has been implemented for 6.3.0 if i'm correct (?)

I did quite some customization on the .conf files, might it be that some options turn this off?

0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should be able to access the schedule_window parameter by going into Advanced Edit for the search/alert.
If you still cannot see it, make sure the user has the schedule_search and edit_search_schedule_window capabilities.

reedmohn
Communicator

I have users who "lost" that setting. It is visible when creating the report / alert. but it seems that they cannot change it when later editing the report or alert from the search app.

But it is visible for them if you open the search from "Settings->Searches, reports and alerts".

I've registered a support case to find out why.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...