Splunk Search

Search NOT Inputlookup match on 2 columns

willadams
Contributor

In a normal search I can do the following:

index=foo sourcetype=csv field1!="blah" AND field2!="hah"

How would I translate this to using a CSV file? I want to use a CSV lookup file to manage the search query without doing the following

index=foo sourcetype=csv (field1!="blah" AND field2!="hah) OR (field1!="hic" AND field2!="cup") OR (field1!="crazy" AND field2!="frog").....

I know I can write a lookup such as

index=foo sourcetype=csv NOT [|inputlookup mycsv.csv | fields field1]

but this would match anything where field1 equals whatever is in the CSV. I need the inputlookup to match field1 AND field2 in the CSV.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

anmolpatel
Builder

@willadams you can do the following

index=foo sourcetype=csv NOT [
| inputlookup mycsv.csv
| format ]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

anmolpatel
Builder

@willadams you can do the following

index=foo sourcetype=csv NOT [
| inputlookup mycsv.csv
| format ]
0 Karma

willadams
Contributor

Thanks. I was confused with the "format" function and it shows "(AND) OR" and the doco wasn't clear on what was actually happening with that command.

0 Karma

anmolpatel
Builder

@willadams it carries out the AND operation for values of each row col, so (row0col1 AND row0col2 and row0col3 .. AND row0coln)
followed by the OR operation for all the rows ((row0col1 AND row0col2 and row0col3 .. AND row0coln) OR (row1col1 AND row1col2 and row1col3 .. AND row1coln) OR (rowncol1 AND rowncol2 and rowncol3 .. AND rowncoln))

Hope that clarifies 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...