Splunk Search

Row limit for custom commands

gpburgett
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've got a custom command that we're running over a large set of data. When I just run the part of the query up to right before the custom command, all of the data comes back. But as soon as I apply my command, only the first 50,000 rows are returned to the screen. Looking at the docks, I found that there is a "maxinputs" parameter in commands.conf, which I increased, and that searchresults::maxresultsrows in limits.conf also can have an effect, so I increased that as well. However, the search still only returns the first 50,000 lines. Is there another configuration that I'm missing that needs to be adjusted? Or is this a fixed limit that Splunk applies?

Tags (1)

gwobben
Communicator

This is probably not relevant any more but for anyone who's looking for this... I had chunked = true in my commands.conf and I got only 50,000 results. After setting this to false I got back all my results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...