Splunk Search

Regex with eval ?

officialsubho

I have this following string

2019-05-17 11:30:14.262 INFO 13 --- [pool-3-thread-1] com.abcd.efgh.ijk.statuspage.StatusPage : Application[id=00, name='XYZ Service', environment='Production', status='DOWN'

i just need to extract value against the name keyword and use it as a field to run stats against it .
How can i extract the value ? Can someone plz help with the SPL ?

justgettingstarted

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@officialsubho you can use this rex command

rex field=_raw "name=\'(?<name>[^\']+)\'"
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

I would have thought, Splunk automatically extracts it?

Anyway, Please find the regex

|makeresults
| eval myraw="2019-05-17 11:30:14.262 INFO 13 --- [pool-3-thread-1] com.abcd.efgh.ijk.statuspage.StatusPage : Application[id=00, name='XYZ Service', environment='Production', status='DOWN'"
| rex field=myraw "name=\'(?<name>[^\']+)\'"
| fields name

In regex101 => https://regex101.com/r/yWXFJ7/1

0 Karma

officialsubho

Thanks @koshyk , but i am not looking for the regex .
i Just need store the name='XYZ Service' in a separate field , so that i can run counts against it .

i am trying to figure out how many times a particular XYZ service showed down status on the logs .
let me know if that makes sense .

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

so you want the whole of name='XYZ Service' to be in a separate field?

In the above regex, you will get the field name as "name", but you can change it to whatever it suits you.

|makeresults
 | eval myraw="2019-05-17 11:30:14.262 INFO 13 --- [pool-3-thread-1] com.abcd.efgh.ijk.statuspage.StatusPage : Application[id=00, name='XYZ Service', environment='Production', status='DOWN'"
 | rex field=myraw "name=\'(?<myNewField>[^\']+)\'"
 | stats count by myNewField

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...