Splunk Search

Regex extraction

timbCFCA
Path Finder

I am attempting to extract key value pairs from a data stream with the following syntax.

Successful Logon:     User Name: user     Domain: domain     Logon ID: (0x0,0x1480338F)     Logon Process: etc     Workstation Name:      Logon GUID: {d660922a-0228-f3f5-0acd-2052d7e03d22}     Caller User Name: -     Caller Domain: -     Caller Logon ID: -     Caller Process ID: -     Transited Services: -     Source Network Address: ...     

My transforms.conf contains

[with_colon] 
REGEX = \s\s\s(.*?):\s(.*?)\s\s 
FORMAT = $1::$2 
CLEAN_KEYS = 1 
MV_ADD = 1
REPEAT_MATCH = true

and my props.conf contains

[my_type]
# Derived from windows_snare_syslog
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 32
TRANSFORMS = syslog-host
REPORT-syslog = syslog-extractions
REPORT-colon = snare_colon
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = False
TIME_FORMAT = %b %d %H:%M:%S

The regular expression works perfectly in my test environment (Notepad++ with the latest regex engine) but not a single new field is extracted. What am I doing wrong?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

Looks like a typo in your props.conf? The section in transforms.conf is called with_colon but the transform you're referring to in props.conf is snare_colon.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Looks like a typo in your props.conf? The section in transforms.conf is called with_colon but the transform you're referring to in props.conf is snare_colon.

0 Karma

timbCFCA
Path Finder

Ayn.. Thanks so much. That was exactly the problem. Over the course of the implementation I changed the name slightly and hadn't updated it here. I now have a few hundred more fields I don't have to enter by hand.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...