Splunk Search

RegEx to Parse Field Containing Json Format

ahaveles

I am attempting to parse logs that contain fields similar to the example below. Field name being ValidFilterColumns, which contains an json format of these objects containing key/value pairs for Id and Name.

ValidFilterColumns="[{"Id":"124","Name":"OrderId"},{"Id":"25","Name":"AssetClass"},{"Id":"123","Name":"Custodian"},{"Id":"13","Name":"Country"},{"Id":"1","Name":"Symbol"}]"

My question is, how could I compose a RegEx that parses out the Ids and Names of each object in the array?

Also as a note: I have tried making the fields extracted fields, but they will only function properly if another log's field contains the same number of objects.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| makeresults
| eval _raw="ValidFilterColumns=\"[{\"Id\":\"124\",\"Name\":\"OrderId\"},{\"Id\":\"25\",\"Name\":\"AssetClass\"},{\"Id\":\"123\",\"Name\":\"Custodian\"},{\"Id\":\"13\",\"Name\":\"Country\"},{\"Id\":\"1\",\"Name\":\"Symbol\"}]"
| rex max_match=0 "(?ms){\"Id\":\"(?<id>\d+)\",\"Name\":\"(?<Name>\w+)\"}"

| rex mode=sed "s/(.*)=\"(.*)\"/{\"\1\":\2}/"
| spath

as you like.

0 Karma

ahaveles

Sorry I am a bit lost, should these all be chained together in the search as they are above, or are lines 2 and 3 interchangeable with lines 5 and 6?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

no, not chain. Here is two method.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...