Splunk Search

Read time out while opening Job manager in Splunk UI

prosenjit
Engager

Hi,

I am getting the below error while opening Job manager in splunk UI.

[JobManager module] Splunkd daemon is not responding: ('The read operation timed out',)

It will be very helpful if anyone can suggest me how to avoid this error.

Tags (2)

the_wolverine
Champion

I have seen this happening when there is a high count of jobs in dispatch. If you are able to, run clean dispatch command to delete jobs older than X days or X hours (choose a number for the days or hours)

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/139924/where-can-i-find-documentation-for-splunkd-clean-dispatch-c...

If you're in a pinch, delete everything in the dispatch directory but be aware that you may have some artifacts used by dashboards or saved by users that will be deleted. The search can always run again but that might not be ideal.

0 Karma

tprzelom
Path Finder

I think this occurs because a search head in the pool is down.

0 Karma

tprzelom
Path Finder

Same issue

6.0.3, utilizing search head pooling

[JobManager module] Splunkd daemon is not responding: ('Error connecting to /services/search/jobs: The read operation timed out',)

0 Karma

markucsb
Explorer

I am having the exact same issue, I am using search head pooling and everything else seems to be working properly, when I ping the NFS where the job dispatch directory is, I see approx 1 ms of latency, the RAID1 drives are rated together to give me over 12000 IOPS

0 Karma

markucsb
Explorer

this was supposed to be a comment, not an answer, sorry about that.

0 Karma

prosenjit
Engager

Can anyone help??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...