Splunk Search

R Project: Is there an output file size limitation, and if yes, is there a way to change it?

cbeard604
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

We recently installed the R app in order to do some analysis with R expressions. We ran into an issue were this search: index=main |r "output=dim(input)" only returns 50k records in the stats sheet, but there's 240k events. When I do: index=main| head 49999| r "output=dim(input)", it returns 49999 records in the stats sheet.

Does the R app only allow 50k records into the output file, and if so, is there a way to change it?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

cbeard604
Explorer

The setting is in the limits.conf. You have to find the correct method in which you are trying to display data (search, reports, stats, etc) and modify that setting

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cbeard604
Explorer

The setting is in the limits.conf. You have to find the correct method in which you are trying to display data (search, reports, stats, etc) and modify that setting

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

How I Instrumented a Rust Application Without Knowing Rust

As a technical writer, I often have to edit or create code snippets for Splunk's distributions of ...

Splunk Community Platform Survey

Hey Splunk Community, Starting today, the community platform may prompt you to participate in a survey. The ...

Observability Highlights | November 2022 Newsletter

November 2022Observability CloudEnd Of Support Extension for SignalFx Smart AgentSplunk is extending the End ...