Splunk Search

R Language support?

melonman
Motivator

Hi There,

For engineers who are familiar with R programming language, is there add-ons for R Language support?
e.g. Querying index data using R Language.

Has anyone tried to use R to query data from Splunk?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I can't claim to have any experience with "R" , but here are a few ideas.

There is no "R" SDK for Splunk , but I see that "R" has packages for binding to Java and Python , and there are SDK's for these languages.

And you can potentially use the Splunk REST API directly from "R" Code via an HTTP connection.

View solution in original post

hovu96-deactiva
Explorer

I've created an Splunk R app. It's really in a very early status so don't use it in production environment.

Description from http://apps.splunk.com/app/1735/:

This app provides a new Splunk search
language command 'r' that allows
passing data from Splunk to the
R-Engine for calculation and then
passing results back to Splunk for
further computation or visualization.

Overview Image

The app is open source: https://github.com/rfsp/r.

Please feel free to contribute. Please provide feedback, questions and suggestions!

ali
Observer

I am trying to use R Analytic but it does not work for me. Here is a screen shot of it:

11.PNG

But unfortunately 'Run' button does not work. Also 'runRdo' is unknown command! 

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

R App is dope! Love it. I can now do spectrum[1] and many other analytics

[1] http://answers.splunk.com/answer_link/149675/

0 Karma

lsh
Engager

I need R apps.. plese send me e-mail with R app!
Thank you. hwan0447@naver.com

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I can't claim to have any experience with "R" , but here are a few ideas.

There is no "R" SDK for Splunk , but I see that "R" has packages for binding to Java and Python , and there are SDK's for these languages.

And you can potentially use the Splunk REST API directly from "R" Code via an HTTP connection.

melonman
Motivator

I see Splunk ODBC in the app site. Can I use Splunk ODBC to connect between Splunk and R?? I have not tried this yet, but seems like it will work with Splunk ODBC + R + RODBC.

0 Karma

m_vivek
Path Finder

@melonman

Hi if you were successful in implementing your suggestion, could you kindly tell how to achieve the splunk +Splunkodbc + R + Rodbc integration?

I want to pipe data from a splunk search into R studio for doing statistical analysis on the data. Thanks.

0 Karma

melonman
Motivator

Thanks, Damien.
Hope someone will post R apps for me 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...