Splunk Search

Question about analyzefields search command

briang67
Communicator

The analyzefields seems to be interesting in its ability to correlate across multiple fields, but I cannot determine what the output is actually telling me. I see four columns that are returned in a table: count, cocur, acc and balacc.

It looks like count is the number of occurrences of the field in my data set. I'm at a loss for the other columns. The documentation does not describe the resulting output. http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/SearchReference/Af

Any stats experts out there?

Thank you

steveyz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

cocur is the cocurrence of the field versus the classfield. Basically it is 1 if field exists in every event where classfield exists.

acc is the accuracy in predicting the value of the classfield using the value of the field, using a multi-class guassian maximal likelihood estimation. This is only valid for numerical fields.

balacc is the "balanced accuracy", which is basically just the accuracy adjusted for the distribution of values of the classfield. Basically, a non-weighted average of the accuracies in predicting each value of the classfield. Again this is only valid for numerical fields.

sophy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

thank you, steveyz. i've added this information to the docs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...