Splunk Search

Perfmon Timechart - Multiple Series, Multiple Host

seanp
Path Finder

I have been struggling to find the proper syntax for this type of timechart. This relates to creating a Windows PerfMon graph for multiple series (in the same counter) and multiple host to be able to easily compare. For example, I can graph Bytes Received/sec and Bytes Sent/sec with a simple search like:

index=MyIndex object="Network Interface" | timechart span=30min avg(Value) by counter

This provides gives the total for both host. Now I want to essentially add by host to the end of by counter. Any thoughts? Is this a multi-valued field???

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

index=MyIndex object="Network Interface" |bucket _time span=30m | eval host=_time."##".host|chart avg(Value) over host by counter | rex field=host "(?<_time>.*)##(?<host>.*)"
0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Try Chart instead of timechart

|bucket _time span=30m|chart avg(Value) by _time,counter,host

|bucket _time span=30m|chart avg(Value) over host by counter

have not tried it myself but this is the way to go. Check out chart overlay in the documentation

Thanks,
L

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...