vinoths_82
Explorer

Hi

What I have:

I have a list of events with multiple <Key,Value> pairs. For eg., like below

event1:attributes:{"test__c":90, "abc":10,"now__c":10 }

event2:attributes:{"bcf:90, abc:10}

event1:attributes:{"testing__c":10, "abc":10,"now__c":100 }

As you can, some rows have attributes fields with a substr "__c" and the rest do not. 

What I want:

Now, I want to iterate over a list of events and calculate a total of all field values (fields which has substr __c) and display that in a table format like below

Total__C

100. (Since event 1 has 2 __c substr fields, their values add to 100)

0 (event2 has no __c fields, so default to 0)

110 (event3 has 2 fields)

What I tried:

I used foreach like below for 1 event, but I am not sure how to do it for all events iteratively.

fields * | foreach *__c [ eval TotalCustom = TotalCustom + '<<FIELD>>'] | table TotalCustom

Can someone help me with this?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your solution was very close and the fix was not obvious.  This run-anywhere example works with your sample data, however.

| makeresults | eval data="event1:attributes:{\"test__c\":90, \"abc\":10, \"now__c\":10 }|
event2:attributes:{\"bcf\":90, \"abc\":10 }|
event1:attributes:{\"testing__c\":10, \"abc\":10, \"now__c\":100 }" | eval data=split(data,"|") | mvexpand data | eval _raw=data | extract pairdelim="{, ", kvdelim=":"
```Above just defines test data```
| eval TotalCustom = 0 
| foreach *__c [ eval TotalCustom = TotalCustom + coalesce('<<FIELD>>', 0)]
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your solution was very close and the fix was not obvious.  This run-anywhere example works with your sample data, however.

| makeresults | eval data="event1:attributes:{\"test__c\":90, \"abc\":10, \"now__c\":10 }|
event2:attributes:{\"bcf\":90, \"abc\":10 }|
event1:attributes:{\"testing__c\":10, \"abc\":10, \"now__c\":100 }" | eval data=split(data,"|") | mvexpand data | eval _raw=data | extract pairdelim="{, ", kvdelim=":"
```Above just defines test data```
| eval TotalCustom = 0 
| foreach *__c [ eval TotalCustom = TotalCustom + coalesce('<<FIELD>>', 0)]
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

vinoths_82
Explorer

Thanks for the answer. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...