Splunk Search

Need help in extracting different format of fields

srinivas_gowda
Path Finder

Hello all,

I am extracting a field which is coming in multiple formats, however I found that once of the format is not working as expected. Details below. Please help me in extracting all of these formats without affecting others.

Example 1:(highlighted is the field I am trying to extract)

APPLICATION-MIB::evtDevice = STRING: "Server2.Application.APP.INTRANET" APPLICATION-MIB::evtComponent =

Example 2:(highlighted is the field I am trying to extract)

APPLICATION-MIB::evtDevice = STRING: "Server1" APPLICATION-MIB::evtComponent =

Example 3:(highlighted is the field I am trying to extract)

APPLICATION-MIB::evtDevice = STRING: "SG2-SWMGMT-CAT-001" APPLICATION-MIB::evtComponent =

regex used : APPLICATION-MIB::evtDevice\s+=\sSTRING:\s\"(?<source_host>\w+[a-zA-Z0-9-_]\w+)

The above regex is working for both example 1 and 2. However, for example 3 this is working only for the underlined fields and not everything highlighted.

Please help in getting this worked.

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

javiergn
Super Champion

Hi @srinivas_gowda , I would simply replace your regex with this:

APPLICATION-MIB::evtDevice\s+=\sSTRING:\s\"(?<source_host>[\w\-]+)

View solution in original post

javiergn
Super Champion

Hi @srinivas_gowda , I would simply replace your regex with this:

APPLICATION-MIB::evtDevice\s+=\sSTRING:\s\"(?<source_host>[\w\-]+)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...