Splunk Search

Lookup Max Match

obhatti
Explorer

How can I change the limit on the number of results matched per lookup value? I have a lookup value which has 183 matches in the lookup table, but only 100 results are returning.

Thank you in advance.

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For you lookup table file, create a lookup definition (from Manager -> Lookups -> Lookup Definitions). give it same sharing permissions as the lookup table file and in the "Advanced options" provide appropriate value.

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For you lookup table file, create a lookup definition (from Manager -> Lookups -> Lookup Definitions). give it same sharing permissions as the lookup table file and in the "Advanced options" provide appropriate value.

chitreshakumar
Communicator

I tried with the steps u provided .But it doesn't seem to work for me.
I have a lookup value which has 668 matches in the lookup table, but only 100 results are returning.

0 Karma

obhatti
Explorer

Thanks somesoni2. That worked!

0 Karma

benton
Path Finder

Worth noting that in Splunk 6.5.2 there is a typo. When you edit the lookup it says: "Max Matches: Enter a number from 1-1000 to specify the maximum number of matches for each input lookup value. If time-based, default is 1; otherwise, default is 1000." This seems to be incorrect in 6.5.2. It is still defaulted to 100.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...